Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Madwoman Progress

This project has been about trying new things for me. And one of the things I have always wanted to try is fabric dying. And now I have that opportunity, I am going to take it.

The look I am going for with this project is 'old'. I want to create age and depth within my fabrics, so my I have been washing all my fabrics with grey and beige dyes, and dip dying them with darker shades. 
 photo bbaf9016-6a42-43e4-8d9b-4fc4931fcbdd_zpsd1516bdc.jpg
To begin with, I put together a board of experiments, so I could see which dye combinations worked best. 

I have really enjoyed working with dye, I think it gives my work a bit more depth. 
I've finished making the underclothes, and have moved on to the main bodice, here's what I have so far.

 photo 1545333a-e273-4b19-ab04-07370a5d408e_zps04776dfe.jpg photo cf1ff45c-7e83-423f-b0c2-5a4ceb41c4dd_zps65700d3a.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment