Friday 25 January 2013

Unchained

So yes, after months of anticipation, I finally got to see Django Unchained. I was really worried I would be disappointed, but I was not! I've seen it twice now so it must be good, right? It was thoroughly entertaining. I know pretty much has said this but it IS Tarantino at his best. One of the top films to come out in 2012 (even though the UK didn't get it till 2013). If you are thinking off seeing it, GO. It was thrilling from start to finish. Filled with the blood and gore we all know Tarantino for. I have to admit, it did feel like a long film. However, upon the second viewing, I hardly noticed the length. The script was quick and witty, and there were lots of small details that made it that much better (like the original Django's appearance, how cool was that?)

And as usual, the soundtrack was completely excellent. Who would have known Hip Hop and Morricone would mix so well!

On a slightly related note, we did breaking down in class the other day. Having just seen Django for the second time the night before, I was inspired to create a huge gunshot wound. 
Photoon24-01-2013at1338_zps509f5b50 photo Photoon24-01-2013at1338_zps509f5b50-1_zps26e48931.jpg
It was such good fun. The photograph doesn't quite show the full extent of blood splatter, but oh well. I can't wait to try more breaking down next term!

No comments:

Post a Comment