Thursday 17 November 2011

Operas, West End, and Dazed and Confused

My day in central London started with a visit to the Dazed and Confused exhibition in Somerset Hous.
It was a really interestingly curated photography exhibition, celebrating 20 years of the magazine. It was very good, as expected, but very small. Good if you're in the area and have half an hour to kill! Plus Somerset house is very pretty this time of year.
Photobucket

Next I ended up at the Royal Opera House. I wasn't fully aware that they have small costume exhibitions? Either way, I loved looking at the Joan Sutherland tribute! She wore some gorgeous costumes, and I spent far too long studying them. The detail on them was INSANE.
Another thing worth looking at in the ROH is the models of the ballet costumes. They're only small but sooo pretty.

I now want to see every Ballet ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment