Monday 3 October 2011

Assessment Week!

I have just this minute, finished all my work from the Diagnostic phase of my foundation course. Ridiculous isn't it? Most people havent even started their degree courses and I've already finished the first main part of mine!

Anyway, I forgot to write about my week of fashion. I also had a week of fine art, but that was pretty boring, and I figured most people who look at CSM are more interested in Fashion anyway.

I wasn't really looking forward to fashion. I thought it was going to be full of stuck up girls and work that I didn't enjoy. However, I was wrong. I did actually really enjoy the work. Whilst it wasn't what most people were expecting, I really liked it. The first day was very much like a physical workout. The tutor would shout DRAW FIVE CIRCLES. Then DRAW TEN TRIANGLES. Just all sorts over and over. It was intense to say the least.
Photobucket

This was my book by the end of the day. It looks like a mess, but I tell you, experimental drawing is important!
This work followed a lot of texture drawing and paper sculptures. A lot of students were disapointed by the lack of 'fashion' during the week. And yeah, I was really looking forward to drawing figures and learning more about clothes, but I did really enjoy this take on it. Everything went right back to the basics and you had to really rethink everything. And in the end, a group of us came up with this.
Photobucket

I thought we did a pretty good job! I did feel a bit like Gaga standing in it though.

Fine art was pretty boring. It was all about mapping. So drawing out different places and people without much physical resemblance. I didn't find it so interesting. It was sorta linked with Performance Design & Practice as well, which is an area I'm very interested in.

Oh! I went to the Parasol Unit this week to see the Yang Fudong exhibition. If you're in London and have a spare hour or so, go see it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment