Wednesday 9 April 2014

Drive

 photo DSCN1109_zps4e6c2ce2.jpg

Inspired by some late night Kavinsky. A really excellent film full of a lot of beautiful camerawork, which is something I really wanted to get with this. Some references were used, but it proved to be a very, very difficult painting. As always, the photo doesn't do it any favours (the background is a lot smoother, I promise), but it still isn't what I had hoped. I think if I worked at it more, I would eventually get there with it, but I'm just going to treat this one as a bit of a stepping stone. It's time to move onto something else.

I have also done a few more pieces over at Shlur, so if you are really missing my writing, please go and have a look.
London Coffee Festival 2014 
Image and Identity - An Interview with Anavae 
Jim Jarmusch - From Paradise to Lovers 

No comments:

Post a Comment